Wednesday, May 9, 2012

495.. my final post!

As this semester comes to a close, I am happy to say that I have actually enjoyed myself in this class. I enjoyed the teaching style, definitely laidback and very relaxing, which is nice after the last 4 years of stress. After this semester, I plan on taking a while off from school. Although, I have to finish up a class over summer, I plan on taking a year off (only because I missed the deadline), then applying to the graduate program at CSUN. It will be nice to have some time off for a change. I hope that when I come back I will be refreshed and ready to attack the program. I was thinking about taking some courses, maybe 1 or 2 in the fall and spring to just keep up with my studious ways. Anyways, I thought I would go through ever section that we had in class, and make a few final comments about everything.



First up is the dreaded “Poetry” section. All I can say is that I really don’t like poetry, and I don’t like writing it even more. And, if you can believe it, even more then I hate writing poetry, I hate presenting poetry that I have written. But I was able to do all of that thanks to Dr. Wexler. And although my poetry might have been lacking a little bit, I wrote from my heart and I had fun with that. I guess that is one thing that I can appreciate the most about this semester; I was really taken out of my comfort zone. I tend to be a really quiet person with not much to say, but this time around it was a little different. I can dig it.



The next section we did was “World Mythology”, which I thoroughly enjoyed. It was very interesting to get the different stories from the different groups. My favorite was the video that was made for “The Castle in the Lake”. That was an amazingly original video, and it kept our attention while we learned about the myth. But what I really liked from this section was my group. We all got along very well and decided to break into smaller groups and do our work. It was really easy and actually a lot of fun to do those assignments.



Onto the next one, “Digital Literacies”. To be honest, I don’t even really remember this section. All I know is that our presentation was off because of the time rush, but it was still fun. The group we had for this one started off rough, but in the end it was a really good group and I was happy to have met the people that I did. During this time, there was so much going on with my other classes that I feel as though this whole section was a blur.



And my favorite and last section, “World Text”. The movie was good, the classes were good, and this was just a really good section. Although my paper on it (which you can locate a few blog posts down) seems a little fragmented, I enjoyed writing it. I could go on and on about this section because there is so much to talk about. However, like all good things, this section and this semester are now over. This has honestly been one of the best and quickest semesters that I’ve had in a while. I’m a little sad it is over, but life goes on. I wish everyone a very successful and long life. I hope that life takes you all exactly where you want it. :D

...yeah, RIGHT!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment