Monday, February 20, 2012

As We Move On...

Words cannot describe how happy I am to move on from Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, and onto the next subject. I think I am still bitter about the group work, but either way, it ruined the story for me. That's okay, I prefer The Glass Menagerie anyway. I feel as though if we did that play, maybe I would not be as bitter. But, as we move on..

The Pop-Culture class as a whole is not what I expected. I'm actually looking forward to exploring this concept of what the class is really about. We are looking at things in different avenues and with different concepts that I did not expect.

Anyways, since we had to read from the textbook this week for homework, I've decided that I'm not going to bore anybody and regurgitate everything they just read. Today I am going to discuss my younger brother and how addicted he is to pop-culture through the form of technology. My brother and I are 10 years apart, and I swear he lives a totally different life then I did when I was younger. If the boy is not playing Xbox all day, he is watching TV, on FaceBook, or he is on netflix. And I get that these are leisure activities that everyone should enjoy at times, but I swear he can use do all of these things at once! He will have be checking his Facebook on his phone, while playing video games on the computer, while the TV is on with cartoons blaring on it! I cannot believe how ridiculous he can be, I often question if we are really related.

What ever happened to the days the kids would go out and skateboard, or play baseball, or even go running around with their friends? Nowadays kids text all day instead of having personal interactions with people. They would rather spend hours playing in front of the TV, instead of losing track of time while playing outside. I can't help but think that these things such as FaceBook, or Spongebob, or Xbox are to blame for these children being so antisocial and lazy.

I just wish for once, my younger brother can indulge in the good parts of pop culture. I wish he would pick up a classic book and see what his imagination can do for him. I guarantee if he gave it a try he would be surprised at how fun it could be to just read! I guess my main grudge is held against the technology these days that these kids get a hold of and can't let go of. I wish they would run around instead of watch TV, and read instead of going on FaceBook, and play board games with friends and family instead of playing Xbox. Maybe one day it will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment