Sunday, February 12, 2012

Poems 495

For my first poem, I decided to write about my maternal grandmother. She and my grandfather adopted my brothers and I about 12 years ago. She is honestly the greatest person I know:

I once knew a witty old lady named Mary,
Who was so strong, any burden she could carry.
I love her more than she could ever know,
For it is she my life I do owe;
My wonderful Mother, my beautiful Mary.



For my second poem, I decided to write about actually being adopted. It was a very difficult time in my life.. therefore I decided to share. Even something discouraging and difficult can turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

It is a terrible feeling to not be wanted.
How embarrassing to say you were adopted.
But who would have thought it would turn out like this!
Now I live my life in pure bliss!

No comments:

Post a Comment