Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Homework Wednesday March 14th

Recently, I had an awful experience. A friend of mine drank a lot of alcohol and decided to drive home. He hit and killed two innocent young men who were on their way home from the night shift at Wal-Mart. Days later, a coworker of mine told me that she knew someone who was hit by a drunk drive recently and died as well. I think that this is such a pressing problem in our society, more so lately than ever. This issue is killing innocent people, tearing innocent families apart, and destroying lives of people who will have to live with their decisions and the effects of it for the rest of their lives. And there is such a simple solution to this, which is very obvious, which is to not drive after consuming alcohol, PERIOD. For such a simple and breathlessly easy solution, there is more and more of this epidemic happening all around us.
It bothers me as to how I would go about solving this issue and teaching it to students. I honestly would show them videos of the devastating affect, not just wreckage of accidents, but videos of the families effected by this tragic issue. These videos will really show the long lasting and devastating aftermath of this problem, long after the event is over and done with.

Below are a couple videos I found that I think would be greatly helpful to teach students that this problem is something that is so preventable. All the lives that are destroyed are not worth it, and I think these videos will help see these things.


No comments:

Post a Comment